Sunday 16 March 2014

Title typography

I've laid out my illustrations on each page and now need to think about Typography. I've download a bunch of different fonts and tried each Bar name in the fonts. I want to stick with a font that's quite simple and not too distracting from what could be an already quite busy spread. It's because of this I automatically favour the sans-serif fonts and I quite like the idea of a slab sans-serif in all caps which creates a very blocky amount of text emphasising the clean lines of the illustration style and allows me to carefully slot illustrated items around the block of text, without bits of white spaces for the non-cap letters and serif ligatures. I've attached my test sheets for my fonts. I've chosen the font 'Franchise' which is bottom-right in each sample.




No comments:

Post a Comment