Saturday 8 March 2014

Moodboards and illustrative influence

Having sourced photographs for each place I search on furniture/interior design websites as well as Google images to find good pieces of furniture and design that I think would suit each of the bars. As I was illustrating based from these photos I don't need to worry about copyright as everything is recreated from scratch. The Southern Cross bar has proven to be quite difficult because there isn't really a single clear aesthetic, it has several different feelings throughout. So in order to further disconnect it from the other bars I've chosen the aspects of Southern Cross that are least like the other two bars. I wanted to make sure I was illustrating from 'signature'/recognisable furniture pieces and didn't necessarily want to specifically illustrate the exact objects that could be found in the bars. This abstracting of the illustrations gives a higher level of creative freedom in creating a seamless illustration piece, as well as generalising the furniture to help the reader recognise more easily the aesthetic I am portraying in each.

I've attached my mood boards for each: Laundry, Olive and Southern Cross




No comments:

Post a Comment